Re: [orbit-dev] Am I misunderstanding source bundles?

Semi-automatic, I believe. As far as I know, the manifest.mf that is in
the source-bundle folder is used as is, with the "qualifier" being filled
in per the cvs tag that is in the map file ... all standard PDE build
stuff. And, since the code bundle and the source bundle are in the same
cvs module, once that module is tagged, then there would be two places in
the map file to update (one for code bundle, one for source bundle). As
far as I know, these two entries in map file must match, to make sense. I
believe they do, now, for jxpath.

I'm assuming they match if retrieved directly from the Orbit downloads?
That's how I got my version, which worked.
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20081025033911/

If they match there, but not in your "build" then I'd guess something's
gone wrong with your build process. Perhaps the "sdk" version was created
at a different time than the "code" version ... and it just so happened
the cvs tag changed in between?