Re: [orbit-dev] How to name bundles from different implementers?

Is the upshot of that that we should not use -?  seems like it might introduce compatibility issues for previous versions of Eclipse no?

Jeff

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

We could use a '-' (e.g javax.mail-glassfish_1.4.1). But PDE seems to barf on dashes in the BSN. What's up with that Chris?

Back in the day, "-" wasn't kosher in the plugin.xml (due to the plugin.dtd)

In 3.5, we are aiming to fix the '-' issue with a small fix already in 3.4.1 to help the SpringSource Bundle Repository guys who are a big fan of the "-" apparently :)

It's amazing that it took this many years for the issue to finally come up :)

--
Cheers,

~ Chris Aniszczyk