Re: [orbit-dev] move?

+1, the move seems reasonable especially if it raises the profile of the Orbit project and its usage within the Eclipse community.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Jeff McAffer <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The vast majority of things in Orbit are "runtime" bits.  they might be used to make tools in some cases but fundamentally they are not tooling related.  For the most part this move would increase the appeal of Orbit content.  Telling the uninitiated folks who are trying to write an application that they should go get their bits from the Tools project seems to confuse some.  We all understand that it does not matter but that view is not universally held.

In any event, it was a suggestion that came up...

Jeff

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Why would RT be a better fit then tools?

- thomas

Jeff McAffer wrote:
Tools has always been a bit of a strange place for Orbit IMHO.  It was either that or Technology at the time.  I don't really recall why the decision was made but there you go.  Now however we do have an attractive home...  RT.  The topic of moving Orbit to RT came up the other day and I took the todo to poll the Orbit community to see if there were opinions either way.  This is just to test the water and see what people think.  Assuming there are some positive signs, we can have a real vote.  The current and future PMCs of course have to agree to but that should not be an issue.

Jeff