RE: [orbit-dev] How to name bundles from different implementers?

I'll go with consensus here. I don't really care because clients should use Import-Package anyway and not Require-Bundle anyway. Using a comma goes against the OSGi Syntax definition for symbolic-name

symbolic-name :: = token('.'token)*
token ::= ( alphanum | ’_’ | ’-’ )+
alphanum ::= alpha | digit
digit ::= [0..9]
alpha ::= [a..zA..Z]

We could use a '-' (e.g javax.mail-glassfish_1.4.1). But PDE seems to barf on dashes in the BSN. What's up with that Chris?

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" ---07/25/2008 06:07:42 AM---+1 for Dave - javax.mail should go first."Oberhuber, Martin" ---07/25/2008 06:07:42 AM---+1 for Dave - javax.mail should go first.

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/25/2008 06:07 AM

RE: [orbit-dev] How to name bundles from different implementers?

+1 for Dave - javax.mail should go first.

What about using a different separator to separate the bundle vendor from the package
name -- e.g. a comma, like in "javax.mail,glassfish_1.4.1.20080725" -- would commas
in the symbolic name present any problem? There's other options to, like colon or
parenthesis...

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm