RE: [orbit-dev] Problem with building feature when feature use orbit'splug-ins

If you have bundles to compile, there is no real reason why you can't do it all in a normal build instead of using the packager.

If the feature you are building does not actually include the apache bundle (only requires it) then the apache bundle would not have been downloaded as part of the fetch phase.  If it does not otherwise exist in your baseLocation then that would be the cause of the failure.

You could use a custom step to fetch the apache bundle separately, there is an example here http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDEBuild#Fetching_the_.product_file_in_a_product_build.  This would require a map file using GET.

-Andrew

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/23/2008 04:49 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [orbit-dev] Problem with building feature when feature use        orbit'splug-ins

Dennis,

when your feature is to include any pre-built bundle
(like the Orbit bundles), your builder needs to run
the Eclipse Packager or the pre-built stuff will not
turn up in your feature.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Builds#Orbit_Builds_for_Consumers

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm