Re: [orbit-dev] redistribution of bundles that require unpack

It shouldn't break signing ... that's what we in WTP do, as well.

But, if you wanted to learn more and some non-publicized jars suitable for update sites, see
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=132&group=eclipse.tools.orbit#132

From: "Steffen Pingel" <steffen.pingel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/18/2008 01:28 AM
Subject: [orbit-dev] redistribution of bundles that require unpack

Hi,

Mylyn depends on Orbit bundles such as org.apache.commons.discovery and javax.xml.soap that need to be unpacked during the build process. The headless PDE build downloads these plug-ins as part of the build and unpacks them into the build/plugins directory.

I am trying to figure out how to copy the unpacked Orbit bundles to the generated update site as part of the build. For now I have added a script that manually re-jars all unpacked bundles and copies them to the update site. This doesn't seem right and probably breaks signed jars.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Steffen