[orbit-dev] Rename: Apache Commons is no longer Jakarta Commons

Hi Team,

I noticed that the Apache Commons project got their completely
own server and other infrastructure, and they don't like to refer
to themselves as "Jakarta Commons" any more.

Currently, links pointing to http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net
for instance are redirectred to http://commons.apache.org/net/
but it's unclear how long that will be the case.

For Commons Net, I decided to purge the term "Jakarta" from
the Orbit contribution to avoid confusion. I noticed that according
to the ip-log, following libs may also be affected:
   org.apache.commons.cli
   org.apache.commons.codec
   org.apache.commons.lang

The following moved to apache HttpComponents project, its URL
is now http://hc.apache.org/
   org.apache.commons.httpclient

Jakarta ORO is still Jakarta so no change here:
   org.apache.oro

Attached is a patch of the changes that I've been making for
Commons Net. If you think that such changes (including
about.html and readable plugin name as well as URL
pointing to the LICENSE) should not be made, please let me know.

Discussion is open.

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top