Fw: [orbit-dev] Source bundles in Orbit

I have created a new wiki page with what is hopefully a simple checklist
for adding bundles to Orbit. There is a small section on setting up your
source bundle as well as an example bundle layout at the end of the page.
Feel free to edit the doc as required, I'm sure I have missed some items.
If there are some items which are unclear then please let me know and I
will try and summarize better.

Thanks.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orbit_Bundle_Checklist

----- Forwarded by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM on 02/27/2008 04:15 PM -----

orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/27/2008 03:04:09 PM:

> The changes to the Orbit builder and bundles have been made so the Orbit
> builds are producing source bundles in the new format supported by the
> Platform. Special thanks to David, Pascal and Andrew for working with me
> get things integrated.
>
> I have gone through and updated all of the source bundles to be in the
new
> format. There are still a few problems and outstanding issues that I have
> created bug reports for. Specifically:
> - ICU, Ant, and JUnit4 bundles need to be converted
> - there is an issue with qualifier replacement in bundles which have
> versions like 1.0.0.RC1_qualifier
>
> When going through the bundles, I found several alarming errors. Things
> like:
> - bundles added to the map file but not added to the feature so they
> weren't being included in the build
> - source bundles being released to the repository but not being added to
> the map files so they weren't included in the build
> - legal files containing licenses for completely different bundles
> - etc etc
> I have made most of these changes in the repo and reported bugs for the
> remaining issues.
>
> When you add a new bundle to Orbit, please take the time to 1) ensure
that
> it is in a build and 2) it is in a form that your team is able to
consume,
> otherwise it is a waste of everyone's time. (not to mention what happens
> when it is release review time and the legal team tries to clear bundles
> which don't have the right legal notices...)
>
> The wiki is still out of date but I will update it with source bundle
> instructions soon. I will send a note to this mailing list when this is
> completed.
>
> Thanks for your patience the past couple of days. The Orbit repository is
> now back open for business so feel free to release your new bundles.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ----- Forwarded by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM on 02/27/2008 02:50 PM -----
>
> orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/25/2008 11:01:24 PM:
>

> > There are still some changes to be made to the Orbit bundles that I
will
> > finish Tuesday morning. (uploading 7500 changes over wireless is taking
> > little longer than expected :-)  Please hold off releasing changes to
the
> > Orbit bundles a little longer.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > ----- Forwarded by DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM on 02/25/2008 10:59 PM -----
> >
> > orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/25/2008 04:16:12 PM:
> >

> > > As previously discussed, the format of source bundles in the Eclipse
> > > Platform has changed. I've been working to get the Orbit build ready
> > > handle the production of this new format and I believe it is ready.
> > >
> > > This evening I will make the necessary changes to the Orbit bundle
and
> > the
> [...]

Back to the top