Re: [orbit-dev] CQs, CQs and more CQs

Thanks Jeff,

I hadn't realized we needed a matching Orbit CQ.

I've filed piggyback CQs and updated the ip log for:
javax.servlet
javax.servlet.jsp
org.apache.jasper
org.apache.commons.el
org.mortbay.jetty

That works out to another 7 bundles.

-Simon

orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/05/2008 04:35:39 PM:

> If you are responsible for a bundle in Orbit then this message concerns
> you.  If you are not, you might want to read on anyway to get some more
> IP insight ...
>
> Fact:  Each project consuming a third-party library MUST enter a CQ for
> that library for that project regardless of whether or not that library
> is already in use approved for use in another project.
>
> Fact: There are currently 31 FIXED (i.e., approved) CQs attributed to
> the Orbit project
>  https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/buglist.cgi?

query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=tools&component=tools.

orbit&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=FIXED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse

> Fact: We ship about 90 actual binary bundles out of Orbit (the rest are
> the corresponding source)
>
> Fact: Shipped - Approved should = 0
>
> Fact: 90 - 31 != 0
>
> So, what do we do.  In many cases the situation is simple, the bundles
> in Orbit have CQs but the CQs are for some other project.  To fix that
> situation we simply enter CQs for Orbit that "piggyback" off the
> original CQ.  That will account for much of the difference.
>
> The others likely are not in the IP log yet
>
> http://download.eclipse.

org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20080203062035/iplog-S20080203062035.html