[orbit-dev] Slf4j into Orbit

Hi all,

has anybody considered getting Slf4j into Orbit yet?

It looks like Slf4j ("Simple Logging Facade for Java") is a prerequisite
for lots of other libraries, including Jackrabbit which I'm considering
for WebDAV support, and Jetty6 which the Platform or Equinox might be
interested in at some point.
http://www.slf4j.org/index.html

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/components/webdav.html

They have a specific license which they claim to be identical to the MIT
license and deemed to be compatible with virtually all types of
licenses:
http://www.slf4j.org/license.html

So there might be a good chance to get it approved for Eclipse.

I don't think I need this immediately, but given that the Ganymede
Cutoff date is Jan.31 I was wondering whether it might be a good idea to
get this on the plate. What do you folks think?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top