Re: [orbit-dev] Did the iplogs disappear?

From what I can tell, the 'set1' branch of the org.eclipse.orbit.releng project was somehow set to be the same as the head branch. And the head was mostly empty, as it should be in orbit.  Again, there was nothing in change logs or cvs history that indicated anyone did anything to cause this, at least through cvs clients.

The webmaster (Denis Roy) said the only server-side thing he could think of is that it might have been related to the primary server failure, since
the secondary server is not always in perfect sync with the primary one ... but, that was around 12/7, and all seemed correct up to 12/21, at least on the
surface. So, may have been some series or combination of problems.

To recover, I simply 'merged' the files from the vI200712211701 tagged version of org.eclipse.orbit.releng back to the 'set1' branch.
This did seem to restore the I200712271753 to be the same as the previous build, at least according to the map files.

I am surprised, though, that all the revision tags did not turn out as I expected (some, for example, have revision 1.1.4.1, where as the next most previous revision might be 1.1.2.1 .... which probably just speaks to my CVS ignorance, but does highlight the issue that it may be difficult to "look at" the history of some files.

So, I'd suggest committers to check carefully and make sure the versions released to set1 branch match your expectations.

For those coming back from holiday, and synching up, I suggest
1) you compare contents you may have checked out, and make sure contents match, but
2) even if contents match, for you to 'replace' you checked out version with the current files of 'set 1' branch (which will make sure the 'revisions' carry on
correctly from what they are now, instead of "jumping around".

If others have suggestions, recommendations, or observations, feel free to make them!
Otherwise, we'll assume no harm done and we'll carry on with what we have.

Thanks,