[orbit-dev] zip downloads

It has been pointed out that our download site has a mixture of JARs and zips where the zips contain just one bundle.  It seems that this is done for bundles that need to be run in folder form rather than JAR'd.  While this was likely discussed and agreed to, I am failing to recall when and why.  This seems wholy inconsistent and confusing.  If this is simply a way of signaling that the archive should be exploded then I'd propose that we find a different way.  A JAR'd bundle and a folder bundle should be exactly the same.  The zips have an extra directory level that make this inconsistent

Jeff

Back to the top