Re: [orbit-dev] stable build promotion?

Both.

There is a script that automatically does what's needed, but it has to be manually initiated.
In fact, your note made me realize that mechanical part wasn't documented anywhere, so ...
I added a section in our wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Orbit_Builds#How_to_declare_a_build

I have gone ahead and promoted this particular build, without waiting for "objections" though please speak up
if it is not right.

The reason being that some of us have been waiting for this promotion to fix up our final RC1 build. (The bits will be the same, but it's
best for reproducibility hygiene if a declared build is used in our scripts, so it will be there if for some reason it have to re-run or re-create
at some point in the (near) future.

Thanks

DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/24/2007 08:23 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] stable build promotion?

What is involved in the process of getting the stable builds on the
committers download site to the regular download site? Are they
automatically copied there at some interval or does it require some manual
work?

That being said, we have verified that the shape of the source bundles in
build:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers/drops/S200705240148/
is good and we would like it (or a subsequent build) promoted to:
     http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/
in order for the Platform to consume it for RC2.

Thanks.