[orbit-dev] Another exception to normal naming scheme: org.apache.xerces.xml.apis?

Fellow orbiteers,

I would like to get your review and confirmation that the name I've come up with for "xml-apis.jar" is now acceptable.

To refresh your memory, this jar, currently named org.w3c.dom, distributed by Xerces is actually a combination of three popular xml releated standard interfaces,
javax.xml , org.w3c.dom, and org.sax. Hence, any package-based name we picked would be a bit confusing. Second, there might
eventually be specific bundles for each of these three standard interfaces, so we wanted to "leave room" for those.

At first, I tried just lterally the name of the jar, such as xml.apis, but, that seemed a bit  too short and not really using a unique namespace,
so, I thought to add org.apache.xerces, which I think is good, since it makes it more obvous that it "comes from" the xerces distribution.

My thought would be to leave both of them in place for a few weeks, after announcing to cross-project and then removing the
old org.w3c.dom.

Sound ok?

Back to the top