[orbit-dev] XML Bundle Questions

I have a couple of questions about some recently Orbited bundles.

org.apache.xerces
- Currently this project has contents in HEAD as well as its v2_8_0 stream.
I don't believe this is intentional and would remove the contents from HEAD
except that the contents are slightly different from the stream and I
didn't want to lose anything.
- The EE is set to 1.2 and judging from the web site
(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-general.html#faq-11) this is good.
I wonder if it will really run on Foundation 1.0 though? Note that the API
tools that the Equinox team is currently working on should help us
determine the required EE for bundles.

org.w3c.dom
- we've got 4 distinct package names inside this bundle: org.w3c.dom,
org.xml.sax, org.apache.xmlcommons, javax.xml
- should we consider spliting this into multiple bundles or is it true that
these 4 pieces commonly ship together?
- if we ship a single bundle, the current name is a little confusing to me.
I have code and was looking to get SAX-related APIs to compile against but
didn't realize they were in this bundle. Perhaps a more dom/sax neutral
name would be better? (javax.xml?)

Thanks.

Back to the top