Re: Didn't Build for Me [Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit Build process ready for review and contributions]

David, a few build notes/questions:

1). Do you think that we should be using the branch name as part of the tag
when we version? I was releasing changes to org.junit (both streams) and I
ran into problems because I used the v200701261100 version tag for both
streams. So then I created one with a v200701261101 tag but it became hard
to remember which branch this one was for, etc. Would it be ok to use
something like v3_8_2_20070126, etc?

2). If we can update the builder to be running on the latest version of
PDE-Build, that would be cool. There was a bug that Pascal fixed which
allows for qualifier replacement in the middle of strings that we will need
when we have a bundle that already has a 4 part version. (e.g. org.junit
4.1.0.1_qualifier -> 4.1.0.1_20070126)

3). What is the process for adding additional versions to the build? (e.g.
a 3rd version of a plug-in) I would assume the following steps but wanted
to confirm with you before doing it: create a new branch of the releng
project and use an empty map file with just your new bundle's entry, create
a new feature project following the naming convention (.set3) and add your
bundle to the feature.xml.

Thanks.

                  dj