Re: [orbit-dev] building orbit bundles

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 11:48 -0500, Jeff McAffer wrote:
> As a point of interest, do you see people in Eclipse who are not
> tagging in CVS?  All our builds are driven from map files that contain
> tags so all integration builds should have a corresponding set of
> tags.

Yes. When I was working on packaging the CDT, they would produce builds
with HEAD set in the map file so I couldn't reproduce those builds. I
haven't been involved with the CDT for a little while so they may have
fixed that problem by now. I'm not sure about other projects because we
are not packaging everything at eclipse.org right now.

Projects that are not hosted on eclipse.org tend to cut releases by
manually exporting a deployable feature. If they forget to tag the cvs
repo for that release, it's difficult to reproduce the build. If we
could build from the source bundle, we would be in a better position to
reproduce the binary bundles, hence my request earlier in this thread.

> Right.  But do you know what part of the Eclipse used to generate the
> build files depends on ICU?  For example, if you took PDE Build and
> all its prerequisites, I suspect that ICU would not be in that list.
>  If it is, I am interested to know which bundle is responsible for
> pulling it in.

I don't know off hand, but I'll figure it out when I have some free time
and post the results.

Thanks, Ben

Back to the top