RE: [orbit-dev] Invitation: Orbit conference call (Jan 9 11:00 AM EST)

couple of notes.

- OBR was just one idea.  The main benefit is that it is repo agnostic so the current orbit download site for example would serve just fine as a repo.  Similarly, an update site or maven repo would alos work...

- Re putting "enabling features" in Orbit.  It would be good to get a concrete list of such features to see what the end picture would be.  Anyone got time to put this together?  I suppose it would be good to have the list of all the bundles to go in Orbit for Europa...

- Sorry about the delay in the meeting notice last time.  I just sent out an invite for 3 weeks from now and created the wiki page.  Please add agenda items there.

Note also, we do not need to wait for three weeks to talk about things.  Please bring up topics on the mailng list as needed.

Jeff

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/10/2007 08:31 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [orbit-dev] Invitation: Orbit conference call (Jan 9 11:00 AM EST)

Hi Folks,

sorry for not being able to join the Orbit call yesterday. I definitely intended, and looking at the minutes discussion was about exactly the topics of interest for me. Unfortunately something urgent crept in so I missed the call.

The OBR idea looks very good. I think I do understand now the idea of how the build should ultimately work, and we're in the process of migrating the TM builder to use the packager so we can put Orbit stuff into the baseLocation.

Regarding the Features, I found it good that Callisto had the "Enabling Features" category, and in fact I occasionally go ONLY such features from the Callisto site (e.g. I needed commons.logging but WITHOUT TPTP or WTP or any other provider). I'd thus vote for keeping the "Enabling Features" in Europa. So it's more a question of granularity. Do we want to have 1 feature per bundle, or group them together.
Regarding the question who serves (provides) the "Enabling" features, I think it's a good idea to have them in Orbit -- I've always found it awkward to tear apart the repositories for a bundle and the corresponding feature.

Hopefully cu next meeting. Jeff can you send out the invitation early so I can definitely mark my calendar this time?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

[orbit-dev] Invitation: Orbit conference call (Jan 9 11:00 AM EST)

Calendar Entry

Subject

Orbit conference call

When

Date

01/09/2007

Time

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (1 hour)

Chair

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM

Invitees

Required (to)

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Optional (cc)

I don't see this in my calendar but the minutes of the last meeting call for another Orbit conference call to be scheduled for Tues Jan 9 at 11EST.

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=9&year=2007&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=188

613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064
passcode 874551#