RE: [orbit-dev] Feature projects for Orbit bundles?

Thanks Jeff,

I'm understanding better now, though not fully yet.

For one, your answer means that our build needs more modifications than expected.
We didn't use the PDE packager up to now, but packaged from the features we built
ourselves. Looks like in the future, we'll have to use the packager.

Second, I believe that the step of downloading the bundles needs to be automated
somehow, with support from PDE build. Asking the build master to manually download
and unzip the bundles into the "base location" is not good enough. Well, perhaps
Buckminster can help here eventually.

Third, if our project is the one who's contributing the bundles we're in a special situation
and not only consuming them. Since we are the ones providing the update site, and the
features. I mentioned earlier already that I found it a bit awkward that the feature and
the bundle is so totally separate, in separate repositories.

I think I do start getting your point, though. Perhaps we can clarify finally in tomorrow's
call.

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm