Re: [orbit-dev] Tagging orbit bundles at release time?

Orbit does not release and will not have a release review so this may not be an issue.  Make sense?

Jeff

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/21/2006 10:27 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] Tagging orbit bundles at release time?

Hi all,

there's one question I came across yesterday --

at release time, it is common practice to not only
tag individual bundles in CVS, but also apply a
single tag across everything that contributes to the
release, e.g. R1_0_1

now if we're doing this to Orbit, it may be confusing
since R1_0_1 in Target Management may mean something
completely different than R1_0_1 in WTP or some other
contributing project.

Would it make sense to change the recommended label
for releases to something like
 TM_R1_0_1
 WTP_R1_5_4
or