Re: [orbit-dev] N-builds and orbit bundles from branches?

The solution is to stop trying to build the Orbit bundles and just consume the prebuilt ones :-)  (sorry I couldn't resist given that I just responded to the other thread about this....)

I don' tthink there really is a way to work around the issue currently.  The point of that setting is to force the use of HEAD as the tag.  I can imagine some PDE Build changes to facilitate this case but would rather spend the time simplifying any issues you might have in consuming prebuilt pieces.

Jeff

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/02/2007 06:02 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] N-builds and orbit bundles from branches?

Hi all,

My N-builds use PDE build, with the switch
 -DforceMapVersionTag=HEAD
on the commandline in order to get the latest of each
component. But now, since the bundles I have contributed
to Orbit are in branches, this doesn't work any more
because I'd only get the empty projects with the READMEs.

I suppose that everyone has the same problem, does anybody
have a solution for this yet? How do I tweak ant and the
PDE build to make it get some tagged version (or the HEAD
of a tagged branch) of some specified orbit bundles even
if forceMapVersionTag=HEAD for the rest of the projects?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm