From: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 4:47 PM
To: Orbit Developer discussion
Subject: RE: [orbit-dev] meeting minutes

I started to do it on the wiki but ended up on the web page for some reason (not really sure why).  I'm fine either way. Note that the website is reasonably easy to change as well.  Just check it out from CVS with Eclipse and go to it.  better change management than the wiki.  As I say however, I'm happy with either.

Skype (or other) chat during the call is a good plan.  Can you set that up for the next call?  Side note, some corporate IT departments do not allow people to run Skype for security reasons.  Yahoo might be an acceptable alternative...

Jeff

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2006 10:05 AM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Orbit Developer discussion" <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [orbit-dev] meeting minutes

Hi Jeff,

what about managing meeting minutes on the Wiki?

We are doing this for TM, and it works just great.

I'm preparing an agenda upfront which people can look at during the call.
In parallel to the phone call, we are using Skype Chat to exchange typed things like URL's -- the advantage of Skype is that we have a common chatroom which all can see.
While the call is still going on, I'm editing the agenda and inserting things we talked about.
After the call, every attendee can easily change the minutes if necessary.

For example, look at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DSDP/TM/Committer_Phone_Meeting_31-Oct-2006

Cheers,
--