Re: [openpass-wg] Any relation to Acosar?

Dear Andreas,

Please excuse the late reply, but we are currently quite busy sorting out a lot of WG related tasks at the same time.

Thank you for your interest in openPASS. As speaker of the Working Group I would like to provide you more details about our initiative. But since we are in an early phase, public information about us or even code is still limited. So please feel free to call me or suggest a date for a first call.

ACOSAR seems like an interesting project from an openPASS perspective. Some members already cooperate with ViF and are familiar with their co-simulation approach. To put it into perspective - openPASS could be one simulation environment that would be linked to others by this ACOSAR interface. But our main focus rather is to simulate accident/traffic situations faster than real-time with simplified models. So I see a link, but not necessarily a conflict.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Dobberstein

Daimler AG
Accident Research, Risk Assessment
RD/KSF (HPC X272)
71059 Sindelfingen

Tel.:     (+49)-176-30931789
Fax:     (+49)-711-3052131703
Mail: jan.dobberstein@xxxxxxxxxxx

Daimler AG
Sitz und Registergericht/Domicile and Court of Registry: Stuttgart
HRB-Nr./Commercial Register No. 19360
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Vorstand/Board of Management: Dieter Zetsche (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Wolfgang Bernhard, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber, Thomas Weber