[oomph-dev] What's good practice to automatically test Oomph setups?

Dear Oomph dev members,

Current Situation:
We've set up Oomph setup files for Eclipse IDEs and projects (sources, dev builds) a couple of years ago, and we're testing those setups ever since via manual integration tests (i.e. we start the installer, select IDE and setup(s) and we verify that Eclipse built successfully (from our Eclipse-mirror updatesites) and installed/imported the desired of our RCP features to work on.

Problem:
Our setups (there are dozens of them now) break from time to time, and manual testing is both expensive and error-prone.

Question:
Is there some best practice to set up and maintain automated tests that can tell us our setup files are valid including their URLs etc - so that we can add/modify a test for any bug we detect and cover that bugfix?

Thanks in advance
Ingo

Back to the top