[oomph-dev] Oomph and Gradle

Hello there!  I'm a big fan of Oomph, and of Gradle.  I have started a project called Goomph on GitHub which tries to combine these things.

Gradle already has the ability to make an eclipse project by adding a small snippet to your file.  I'd like to allow users to add a little snippet that creates an Eclipse instance and workspace for them, using Goomph.  Hopefully it could also use the Oomph bundle pool to create a target platform and help with dependency management.  Clone a project, run `gradlew goomphStartIde` and you've got an Eclipse instance with all the plugins, projects, target platform, yada yada.

This isn't an urgent priority for me, but it's something I'd like to work on in the background.  I've got a couple questions:

So let's say I've got a model in Gradle that has these things:

1) The update sites which contain the Eclipse installation and plugins that I need
2) The features that I want "org.eclipse.jdt, org.eclipse.rcp, org.eclipse.pde"
3) A directory where I would like the Eclipse launcher to be installed

How can I pass these to Oomph and then monitor its progress?  Can I use the Oomph jars to create an EMF model, save it to disk, and then pass that as a command-line arg to the Eclipse installer runtime?

Is it possible to use the Oomph jars outside of an OSGi environment at all?

Anyway, just looking for pointers for how I should get started.

Thanks!

Ned Twigg
Lead Software Architect, DiffPlug LLC
949-264-3433