Re: [nebula-dev] tree table vs grid

Can't this be done with the JFace tree table viewer?

- Hallvard

7. sep. 2018 22:49 skrev Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Howdy,

I have some use cases where I would like to display in a single table

1) Summary rows...which actually consist of a set of rows...and present
field values that are (e.g.) sums of the underlying row values

2) The individual underlying records...exposed when needed by
user...e.g. by opening a tree.

So let's say we have something price of individual items of Furniture
broken into three categories:

Tables

Chairs

Other

and we have prices:

Table 1   -   $100

Table 2  -    $200

Chair 1   -   $50

Chair 2   -   $40

Sofa 1   -    $500

Sofa 2  -    $300

And we want to have a table that looks like

Furniture Group               Cost

+Tables              $300

+Chairs              $90

+Other               $800

Where (e.g.) Tables could be opened up to present the individual items
that make up that group

-Tables              $300

    Table 1           $100

    Table 2           $200

etc

Questions

Which Nebula control(s) would be best suited for something like this?  I
assume XViewer or Grid.

Are there any snippets or public examples of doing something like this?

What if there are multiple grouping types...e.g. Not just furniture type
but also groupings that are based upon other arrangements of these same
items...like date manufactured.

Thanksinadvance,

Scott