[nebula-dev] nebula visualization

Hi Wim,

Thanks for helping me do my first commit to visualization. I do not think we have met before – maybe at eclipse con? Not sure. I will be at the US eclipse con in March.

You wrote that you hope the change will be the first of many. Well we have made scores to hundreds of improvements to an old fork of xygraph (from its css days). Today I renamed the plugins/packages in our fork to nebula paths. This means that I can swap our nebula.visualization for your master one. I do not really know where to start with the merging (see our versions at:

https://github.com/DawnScience/swt-xy-graph/tree/master/PureJava/org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets

https://github.com/DawnScience/swt-xy-graph/tree/master/PureJava/org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.xygraph

)

I suppose I should make a bugzilla ticket for each change? The changes we made broadly fall into:

1.      1.       A swappable tick mark generator with an alternative implementation (which we use by default).
2.      Ability to make toolbar a SWT one as well as a draw2d one.
3.      Change to many classes to allow inheritance. (We have a number of figures ~20, with which we interact by selecting data from the plotting.)
4.      OSGI change: adding activator.
5.      Creation of NoRepeatsPointsList a class used to help make large XY graphs more efficient.
6.      Addition of IAnnotationLabelProvider to provide alternative annotation labels.
7.      Addition of setAxisAutoscaleTight(...) method to Axis to change autoscale padding.

In the future we would like to add some small improvements too.

So my question basically is that since we have a lot of changes and differences – how can I approach merging the two?

Matt

Back to the top