Re: [nebula-dev] GridTableViewer and Grid performance improvement

Hello Mirko,

This sounds really good. Would you like to contribute this code to Nebula?

Best regards,

Wim

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Mirko Paturzo <caosmpz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

For my project, I had to change the GridTableViewer and the Grid widget.
The grid is now much lighter and much more efficient.
My interventions were:

1) Removal of all the collections within the GridItem widget
2) Creation of a paradigm for the management of GridItem data. Now, via the interface DataVisualizer you can build data manager own.
3) Lightening the onPaint Grid component method and lightening of its "for" loops
4) Incremental loading of GridItem
5) Memory Leak bug fixes
6) Improve dispose speed performance

Now, the implementation created by me, draws a grid of 6 million GridItem and occupies approximately 10 MB on memory.

I'd like to show you my solution to this question.
If you are interested, I would be happy to implement a generic implementation. I'll just take a week for do that.
Appearance your news

Thank you very much
Mirko