Re: [nebula-dev] Failing build

On 09/20/2013 01:45 PM, Cédric Brun wrote:
The good news is : with this plugin you don't need to specify some server folder in the build file.
Notable change through :
The plugin has to be enable in the parent pom, not in the update-site poms like the dash plugin.
This led me to move the "build-server" profile in the parent pom. The good news is every jar is now signed and we don't have to specify anything, even if we add another update site. The less good news is that in doing so, when you enable the profile on the maven command line it will automatically disable the other profiles which are in the parent-pom.

The CBI signing plugin has a flag to be enabled/disabled from command-line cbi.jarsigner.skip. What can be done instead of profiles is to put the pack200 and signing plugin executions in the <build> element instead of a profile, and set the default value of property to cbi.jarsigner.skip=true, so build works on any machine with a "mvn clean verify" and produces .pack.gz file by default.
On CI, just set -Dcbi.jarsigner.skip=false to ensure the signing executes.
I made a similar change recently for SWTBot and it's working nicely http://git.eclipse.org/c/swtbot/org.eclipse.swtbot.git/commit/?id=38b47b1a052cc424711d22eb4d79a17f29552c06
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat