[nebula-dev] Tiled canvas widget

Hi,

I was considering the structure of GeoMap yesterday and concluded it consisted of three main parts:
- canvas tiled with images
- async provision/downloading of images
- view management including coordinates and zooming levels

Only the third of these is really specific for GeoMap. A tiled canvas with panning and zooming is useful for many applications, particularly grid-based games like sokoban. Async provision/downloading of images is useful to improve performance. (I can imaging the gallery widget needs/has something similar).

Does it make sense to factor out generic code? Does the Nebula project consider cross-component refactoring and code sharing?

Hallvard

Back to the top