Re: [nebula-dev] Received a huge RCP/RAP patch for datechooser

Hi Wim,

As you know Pagination+Picture Control supports RCP and RAP both.

> * It is obvious that a lot of RAP specific code has been introduced
> into the widget.
In my case, for Java code, I have the luck that RAP supports the whole features that I needed.
But when I have port Nebula PShelf for RAP, I decided to copy/paste the original Plug-In and manage RAP only because
RAP doesn't support mouse event in some SWT Control. I could manage that with Java reflection too to support
the both RCP and RAP. I think it should be a good idea to share code and have an only Plug-In PShelf.

> * What about allowing optional SWT bundle dependency in the manifest
> in combination with optional RAP bundle dependencies.
I use this idea and it works great even for build. Using import package can be dangerous because of
Split Package. For instance for Picture Control, the RAP FileDialog is stored in another bundle that the RAP UI bundle
so I can use import package in my Plug-In because I must use some SWT classes from RAP UI bundle
and FileDialog frim RAP FileDialog  Plug-In.

Regards Angelo

Le 18 avril 2012 08:54, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Not sure if patches not have to come through bugzilla and in this very
case you probably even need a CQ filed because of the size.

I'm not sure we are already prepared for this RAP stuff for nebula 1.0
release.

Tom

Am 17.04.12 21:11, schrieb Wim Jongman:
> Hi,
>
> I have received a patch [1] from Arnaud Mergey which enables the
> datechooser and formattedtext to be run inside a RAP environment. It
> is clear that Arnaud has put in a lot of work to get this widget
> working for RAP and we appreciate this very much, obviously.
>
> However, I want to discuss with you how to handle the following
>
> * It is obvious that a lot of RAP specific code has been introduced
> into the widget. The maintainer of the widget has to take this into
> account in the future. However, there is  currently no maintainer
> since we have not heard from Eric Wuillai, the original contributor.
>
> * What about allowing optional SWT bundle dependency in the manifest
> in combination with optional RAP bundle dependencies. Is this
> acceptable or do we then opt for import package. (optional
> dependencies could potential cause some side effects like build
> resolution problems)
>
> * Can we risk taking in such a large contribution for the current
> adopters of DateChooser
>
> Please let me know your opinions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wim
>

> [1] https://github.com/amergey/nebula/commit/a944f2272c485c5370a34ee78644797c3a701771

B e s t S o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH