[nebula-dev] Some info on Git-commits - Very important so all committers have to read this!

Hi,

I've just synced my local git repo and saw some commits and wanted to
make some comments. The first one is optional and only a suggestion and
2nd is *MANDATORY* because of IP-Rules we have to follow to get Nebula
components release one day.

1. Commit message: I'd like us to follow the same style the Eclipse
   Platform is doing it. There the title of the bug is copied as the
   first information in the bug message.

   This helps people who are not 100% involved with the project find
   the bug with discussions more easily and you as well if you forgot
   about the 2nd mandatory thing

2. IP-Rules: If you receive patches from none nebula developers we need
   to collect this information. Before our switch to git one has had to
   set the IPLog-Flag on the patch in the bug, now that we are using
   git one uses the Author-Field in the commit dialog.

   I'm not sure if one can fix such missing information once the commit
   is in the repo, so I suggest you go over your latest commits and
   flag the provided patch with iplog.

Wayne in case your are reading this. Is this the correct solution if we
forget to set the correct author tag on the git commit?

Thanks

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top