[nebula-dev] MapWidget contribution

Hi,

As Stepan Rutz already has explained, I suggested his MapWidget could be a nice contribution to the Nebula project. I discovered the MapWidget myself some weeks ago and quickly found it very useful (and of good quality). In particular, I liked that it was clean, simple and self-contained. Since then I have implemented a JFace viewer that supports overlaying pins and selecting and moving them. During that process, I had to make some changes to MapWidget to handle conflicts with its panning support. I would like to contribute this and some other features I am planning, like selecting a rectangle (e.g. to control zoom). I'm also prepared to be an active maintainer.

My daily job is an Associate Professor at Dept. of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology in Trondheim, doing research on model-based methods in general and for creating user interfaces in particular. My interest in the MapWidget was triggered by research on tools for creating pervasive games, including EMF models, Xtext-based DSLs and Eclipse views. I am already an Eclipse committer, working mostly on smaller EMF enhancements like Javascript integration and an EMF model of SWT for e4.

Regards,

Hallvard Trætteberg

Back to the top