[nebula-dev] SWT MapWidget

Hello,

as suggested by Hallvard Trætteberg we would like to contribute some code to Nebula. I am not sure to what extend I will be able to support/maintain it, but certainly I would be available for some basic stuff. Contribution and adjusting to Nebula structure should be easy to do but Hallvard already offered to guide me  and/or drive through the necessary adjustments.

The Widget is a Openstreetmap-Viewer, basically just showing tiles from an Openstreetmap Tileserver. That itself is a rather simple thing to do, so the code is rather tiny. Also it features some lookup for the nameserver, so that you can query Locations, but that is best kept as an optional thing, since some users might just need the map as a basis for their overlays.

I will go through the contribution questionnaire once a login or some other means is provided.

I can confirm that I am the sole creator of the code (based on my own Swing Version of MapPanel) and there is no pending legal or copyright issues whatsoever. All necessary permissions (EPL etc) would be granted to the Nebula project if you are interested. I certainly would appreciate it if you could share it with others. The Tiles-Data still must come from some tile-server, the defaults have their own usage conditions, but everything has to stay in reasonable bounds. (e.g. no world downloads for offline iPhone map-browsing and the like). Since MapWidget does some caching its use of Tiles is fair.

Homepage of the thing is at:

Best regards,
Stepan

Back to the top