Re: [nebula-dev] Nebula Project Proposal restructure draft

Hi Emil,

You also have the paperclips widget. Is this still good ?

Regards,

Wim

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Emil Crumhorn <emil.crumhorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First, "Donald Dunne" is listed for the CalendarCombo widget, which is wrong as it's my widget. More on this widget below.

Personally, the GANTT widget is the only widget I would like to bring forward and further as far as development goes. The Collapsible Buttons widget is fine as it is, it doesn't need more features nor does it really have issues apart from people having a bit of a hard time making it work as intended (as it needs to be "pushed" into place GUI-wise). I consider it stable but I don't think many people use it. As far as some recent issues reported with the GANTT chart, most open bugs are requests for new features.

CalendarCombo has been getting more and more troublesome across platforms as more and more platforms change their API. Especially OS/X (and Linux) has been an issue lately causing the combo not to work at all, so it can either stay where it is or get dropped from Nebula as it has a very hard time to follow the "cross-platformness" of SWT widgets in general and despite my best attempts there's no way of making it work without (A). The widget stealing focus (not stealing focus was the whole point of the widget in the first place) or (B) Using native API calls. It's a very old widget so perhaps it's better that way as it clearly can't keep up. If it's ok for it to live as a Windows-only widget then it can also stay where it is.

Hope that clears up my widgets and the status of them.

Emil