Re: [nebula-dev] NatTable and Eclipse RAP

Stephan would you consider providing a RAPified NatTable?

Regards,

Wim

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Angelo zerr <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edwin,

Le 16 janvier 2012 20:48, Edwin Park <esp@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi Angelo,

Thanks, this is great info!

You are welcome:)

> * NatTable with XDocReport

I think it would be great to leverage XDocReport for other export
formats. I'm assuming that you'd create a docx/odt template with
special markers, and the NatTable export will then call the XDocReport
export with this template that will merge in the table data?

Exactly! For the moment we are supporting odt, docx well and pptx starts working. We have too full Java converter like ODT->PDF and DOCX->PDF converter with some limitations (we are working about that, but it's hard work).
So you can design your export with odt and convert it to PDF for instance. Excel is not implemented but if need I could start developping something.

> * NatTable with Nebula Pagination Control

We don't really handle paging within NatTable, although applications
may use NatTable within some kind of paging control. I can see
NatTable being integrated within the Nebula Paging Control this way.
Is this what you mean?

Yes Pagination Control provides a PageableController that you can observe and you can link the different events (ex : change page indes, sort...) to the UI Table. By default Pagination COntrol provides PageableTable which wrap a SWT Table and lin to the Pagination Controller.

> * NatTable with RAP

This is very useful info for making NatTable compatible with RAP,
thanks for pulling this info together. Would you be available to work
on this together?

The topic is very interesting but my big problem is time (as a lot of developpers). I'm working on XDocReport and RCP/RAP XDocReport Application http://xdocreport-rap.opensagres.cloudbees.net/xdocreport?startup=fr.opensagres.xdocreport.eclipse.ui.application and I have not time to work on another project -(
Anyway if I can help you for some suggestions, don't hesitate to tell me.

Good luck!

Regards Angelo

Thanks,
Edwin