Re: [nebula-dev] Nebula builds

On 14/12/2011 18:57, Dunne, Donald G wrote:

I’m working on getting rid of the separate XViewer Hudson build, but need to make sure the Nebula build process supports the eclipse.org/osee builds that use it.

I’ve been trying to follow the build emails, but was hoping someone could summarize the final decisions.

1)      What are the builds that are done and how often?

There are currently 2 builds, both hosted on hudson.eclipse.org.
* https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/maven-nebula-1.0-nightly/ (soon moved to https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/nebula.nebula/ ) builds, tests, signs and publish to the "snapshot" update-site all "Main" Nebula widgets from the HEAD revision.
* https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/nebula.incubation/ builds, tests, signs and publish to the "incubation/snapshots" update-site all incubation widgets from the HEAD revision.
Both simply perform a "mvn clean install" from there respective pom.xml. You can run them locally.

2)      Is the incremental build being done on commit?

Yes, build is triggered on each commit

3)      Are the nightly builds being deployed automatically to the update site or when does this occur?

Yes, on the "snapshots" update-sites. See http://eclipse.org/nebula/downloads.php

4)      Can committers have the ability to kickoff a build if it’s not done per commit?

Yes, just click on the Run link from Hudson.
--

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer, Eclipse Plug-in RCP Developer

PetalsLink - Open Source SOA

My blog - My Tweets

Back to the top