Re: [nebula-dev] First peek at update site

On 09/12/2011 12:20, Wim Jongman wrote:
And how would the complete set if names be if we need to include eclipse versions (indigo ..)?
I'm still unsure on the existence of any good reason to put Eclipse version names in the update-site or release name.
Nebula mainly relies on SWT and JFace APIs that are very stable, and I don't think Nebula will hit some compatibility issues that would require the publication of specific update-site for each Eclipse release.
There was a discussion on the cross-project mailing-list about how relevant it is to bind a release of an Eclipse project to an Eclipse release [1]. What I conclude of this is that doing it is an extra-effort for both producers and consumers, and that it is generally useless.

So my answer to your question is "let's wait for the need to happen, good ideas with come with it" ;)

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg06815.html
--

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer, Eclipse Plug-in RCP Developer

PetalsLink - Open Source SOA

My blog - My Tweets

Back to the top