Re: [nebula-dev] Nebula Wording

Nightly *was* a standard word in the Eclipse community, it reminds me the time when people could not poll SCM and before continuous integration existed, and everyone used PDE/Build... That's now a freaky word for me: a project that only builds once a night is not healthy.
Latest is interesting, but latest what? latest release, latest test build...? It is not precise enough I think.

I could advocate for Snapshots for years, we probably need more opinions rather than debating for weeks just the 2 of us ;)

How about "continuous" then.
We could also include some eclipse release name. (indigo/helios)
Hopefully we will provide builds that would work with 3.5 and later. Binding a build to the name of a release will make people think that the release is a requirement for installation.

Yes, but at some point this will no longer work. Because it is a matter of time before people start using touch API and/or restyling and other stuff that will break compatibility with older SWT releases.

 I also want to think about things as long term support (LTS) where we must be able to fix Nebula bugs against older versions of Eclipse (but that is a separate discussion).

Back to the top