Re: [nebula-dev] More on the build

Hi,

Let me explain a bit better:

For example, the composite table tests do not run correctly [1].  It is not that they fail but for some reason tycho is not happy. Depending on who is responsible for the composite table tests, this could take some time. Perhaps some days, perhaps some weeks.

All that time, other widget changes cannot release because the build breaks.

If we have one build job per widget then the "release job" would always just consume the latest successful build for any widget.

Best regards,

Wim

[1] https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/maven-nebula-1.0-nightly/158/console

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Wim,

Am 19.11.11 01:31, schrieb Wim Jongman:
> I think we need to create a build job per widget. If one widget fails
> for some reason, the complete build is invalid.

Well the one that breaks the build is responsible for fixing. I really
don't think that it is pratical to have a build job for each widget.

Tom

--
B e s t S o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH