Re: [nebula-dev] Grid/Xviewer: how to display aggregates of data?

XViewer currently doesn't have such a feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hannes Erven
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:48 PM
To: nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [nebula-dev] Grid/Xviewer: how to display aggregates of data?

Hi Tom,

> I'm not sure what you expect Grid to do when you filter, ... where
> from should it know whether it has to show the sum, average, ... ?

Thanks for your almost immediate answer! I found a blog post (apparently by you?) that suggests something like that already exists:

https://www.eclipsecon.org/submissions/2009/view_talk.php?id=672
> By the way we enhanced Nebula-Grid to add new features like Header-
> Control and Summary-Row.

... but I couldn't find anything related to summary-row in the source.

> I've written a small wrapper framework for a customer (based upon
> GridViewer) which hides such things from the developer and provides
> standard stuff like sum, ...

OK, thank you for the input and that starting point. Let's see what my customer really wants/needs/is willing to open-source.

Best regards,

	-hannes