Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - customization selection widget?

Chris,
Follow the chain of emails between Donald and I over the past few days and you will see that this is exactly what he helped me with. Works really sweat to but it isn't something you'll go looking for so the example sheds much light on how to do certain types of functionality like this.

-----Original Message-----
From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Merrill
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 2:46 PM
To: nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nebula-dev] XViewer - customization selection widget?

We need a drop-down chooser to let the user pick a customization quickly (without
going through the dialog).  Before I embarked on building one, I wanted to make
sure I wasn't missing one that was already in place. I looked and did not see
anything, but wanted to be sure.

This is what I'm looking for:
The chooser would to show the currently-selected customization name - and drop-down
to show the others. Optionally, it would be nice to also have an entry to take the
user to the customization dialog. So the options in the list would look like:

-- Table Default --
-- Current Table View --
customization #1
customization #2
my customization
customize....

The last one would invoke the XViewerCustomizeDialog.  The "current" entry would
only be there if the current settings are not saved.  The widget would also
need to listen to the XViewer to see when it changes customizations via the dialog.

A) Does this exist?
B) Would this be useful to anyone else?

TIA!
Chris