Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - customization selection widget?

Already is one and the example in the source code shows how to use it.  Checkout latest source code and right-click run-as MyXViewerTest.java.

-----Original Message-----
From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Merrill
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 2:46 PM
To: nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nebula-dev] XViewer - customization selection widget?

We need a drop-down chooser to let the user pick a customization quickly (without going through the dialog).  Before I embarked on building one, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing one that was already in place. I looked and did not see anything, but wanted to be sure.

This is what I'm looking for:
The chooser would to show the currently-selected customization name - and drop-down to show the others. Optionally, it would be nice to also have an entry to take the user to the customization dialog. So the options in the list would look like:

-- Table Default --
-- Current Table View --
customization #1
customization #2
my customization
customize....

The last one would invoke the XViewerCustomizeDialog.  The "current" entry would only be there if the current settings are not saved.  The widget would also need to listen to the XViewer to see when it changes customizations via the dialog.

A) Does this exist?
B) Would this be useful to anyone else?

TIA!
Chris