Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - appearance of the customization dialog

Local just saves for a single client (user) where global will show up for all clients (if appropriate).  XViewer is used on a OSEE, a large engineering environment that supports hundreds of users.  The ability to share customizations (gloal) to the database is a very useful feature.  This could also be implemented off a shared drive that all users have access to where local could be stored in workspace or in some HOME directory for the specific OS that it is hosted on.

Probably not useful for single client implementations.

-----Original Message-----
From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stapleton, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:54 PM
To: Nebula Dev
Subject: Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - appearance of the customization dialog

Yes, like screenshot2. Yes it seems confusing. I don't see a clear distinction between saving local/Personal and global/Group configurations? I suppose we can add a dialog on top to prompt for the difference but then they would all be in the same window on the Customization Dialog and would have to be distinguished by name or extension? Dito for the default selection. It would be nice to have control over Sorter, Filter Text, and Column Filter so a set of pre-configured filters/searches could be added. I haven't found a way to get rid of text width and visible info from column name either. A better dialog layout would be desired but .... not sure how much work that would require and there would be a lot of differences of opinions on that one?