Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - appearance of the customization dialog

On 11/23/2010 4:54 PM, Stapleton, Mike wrote:
> Yes, like screenshot2. Yes it seems confusing. I don't see a clear distinction between saving
> local/Personal and global/Group configurations? I suppose we can add a dialog on top to prompt
> for the difference but then they would all be in the same window on the Customization Dialog and
> would have to be distinguished by name or extension? Dito for the default selection. It would be
> nice to have control over Sorter, Filter Text, and Column Filter so a set of pre-configured
> filters/searches could be added. I haven't found a way to get rid of text width and visible info
> from column name either. A better dialog layout would be desired but .... not sure how much work
> that would require and there would be a lot of differences of opinions on that one?

We are going to need to make some improvements - including some of the items you mentioned.
Plus we've saved a lot of time and gained a lot of benefit from XViewer, so I may be able to
justify a little time spent improving the dialog...or building an alternate.

I don't want to step on any toes and I won't presume that these improvements would become
part of XViewer, but I would like to contribute back if I can.  If anyone is interested, I
can make my result available to you, or to the XViewer project.  Also, if anyone is interested
in helping me design the improvements, I'll be happy to include you in the discussion.  Not
sure if that discussion should take place on this list.

Comments welcomed!
Chris

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services