Re: [nebula-dev] NatTable

Am 30.10.10 20:44, schrieb Wim Jongman:

>     I've already had a short private conversation with Edwin on the process
>     and it looks like Nattable would - in contrast to other Nebula
>     components - get a subproject of Nebula so that they can follow their
>     own release cycles.
>

> I am not against it but I do not see the benefit right now. I recognize
> that the Nattable is a complex component, but so are e.g. XViewer and
> Ganttchart. After the split in incubator and mature, the mature
> sub-project will jump onto the Eclipse release train. Apart from this

Size has nothing to do with getting a subproject.

> release cycle, should we decide to bring out extra releases, wouldn't it
> be better to release Nebula mature as a whole instead as Nebula mature
> and Nattable?

My plan is to have Nebula mature having the same release cycle the
Eclipse release train but for agil projects who are used to maintain
their own release schedule getting the status of a subproject is better.

> Again I am not against so if you want to go ahead, you have my blessing,
> but I am curious to know what Nattable can do as a subproject that they
> would otherwise not be able to do.

I think it would allow us better to integrate this already released code
and align it with Nebula and future release schedules. Please note that
even if they are their own subproject we can the released version
together with Nebula-Mature 1.0.

We could have a joint release of Nebula-Mature, Nebula-Nattable under a
pseudo name like "Nebula xxxxx" where xxxx is something we should be
something like names of Greek mythological figures [1].

Tom

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures

Back to the top