Re: [nebula-dev] Flow widget

Thanks Nicholas,

Yeah, loading images and creating textures (I think that's because of TextureIO in JOGL) are slow. But once the textures created with the images, it is fast enough, and the animation is smooth. If the application loads 30 or 40 images, probably it would be ok, but if the application loads 1000 images, then it would take a while to load all the images and create the textures. To load 1000 of images, probably the app code may need to create each item and set the image using display.asyncExec or something like that... The UI might be a little sluggish until all the images/textures loaded. That's one of the areas we would need to look into in the future.

Hiro

Inactive hide details for Nicolas Richeton ---10/21/2010 04:01:25 AM---Hi Hiro, This is a very nice widget and I hope it will bNicolas Richeton ---10/21/2010 04:01:25 AM---Hi Hiro, This is a very nice widget and I hope it will be able to pass the ip review. I made a simil

Nicolas Richeton <nicolas.richeton@xxxxxxxxx>

Nebula Dev <nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/21/2010 04:01 AM

Re: [nebula-dev] Flow widget

Sent by:

nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hiro,

This is a very nice widget and I hope it will be able to pass the ip review. I made a similar widget in my open source project "Sharemedia" but I didn't have time to turn it into a generic one.

Is your widget able to load images on demand , without slowing down the next/previous animation ? This is something I had issues to achieve with LWJGL.

Nice work.

Nicolas

Le 20 oct. 2010 à 14:55, Hiroyuki Okamoto <