Re: [nebula-dev] In light of Restructuting - On our builds and CVS

I'm fine with any source-control system really (except ClearCase which I hate with a passion). I feel like I use 5 different ones every day anyway so it's no biggie, and CVS sure isn't my favorite.

+1 from me if needed

Emil

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Dunne, Donald G <donald.g.dunne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm also a contributor on OSEE project and we recently moved our code base to git.  Working very well and improvements to EGit (eclipse plugin) will only make it better.  Would highly recommend we move to git.

+1 for Git.

From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicolas Richeton
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 2:52 AM
To: Nebula Dev
Subject: Re: [nebula-dev] In light of Restructuting - On our builds and CVS

Hi Tom,

On CVS:
-------

I recently started to use Git and while I had some issues with the eclipse integration (0.8) when merging from differents contributors, I think this is a far better system (than CVS/SVN) when it comes to open source projects because it allows end users to commit their patchs localy while still getting updates from the main repo.

+1 for Git.

On Builds:
----------
You might have noticed that our cbi-based builds got broken out of blue
sky and we've (at least I) have not been able to fix it. I was myself
never happy with the cbi-build story and would have preferred one of the
other 2 build options:
* Maven / Tycho
* Buckminster / b3

(...)
So is anybody here completely against a Maven 3 / Tycho build story and
would prefer me contact the Buckminster people once more?

Using maven everyday, I would say +1 for Tycho, but I also think that we need to buld with Hudson to get better visibility, disk space management and control/reporting for every nebula commiter (start, stop, delete builds, get alerts, ... ).

I made a few google searchs this morning, and I'm not sure Tycho will let us build on Eclipse Hudson. If we can confirm that Tycho won't work on Hudson and Buckminster will, I'll move my vote to Buckminster.

--
Nicolas