Re: [nebula-dev] RFC - Nebula Restructuring Review docuware

Hi ,

Am 18.09.10 14:10, schrieb Nicolas Richeton:
> Hi Tom,
>
> This is great. A few comments :
>
> Do we want to encourage widgets to use cwt ? If so, we should try to
> move it to Nebula-core and release it.
> Jeremy made the 'v' and svg part, I made the animation part (which is
> still in Gallery, in case cwt does not move to core).
> Additionnaly, it is used by Jeremy's widgets (ex: cdatetime) and will
> prevent them to move to core.

Well the problem I see with the cwt stuff that I have heard from Jermey
with in more than a year. An important point for stuff we move to core
is that it is maintained. Are you going to take responsibility for
fixing bugs?

CWT could really get an important piece of framework for us but we need
to make sure people get support for it. A possibility could be that we
move cwt to core and mark Jermeys stuff as provisional and other parts
only available to Nebula-Widgets (=NOT PUBLIC API). I'm a bit
indifferent but lean towards adding (even before your mail).

> Maybe example should also appear in the doc. It is not a widget, but
> still an important piece of code for visibility. We could split the
> project in 2, one for core (view + core widgets)  and an extension for
> incubation (other widgets).

Yes. We'll have to split the examples into 2 and I only mentionned
widgets in the document not because it is less important but because I
see haveing samples/snippets an integral part of a our components hosted
in another bundle.

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top