Re: [nebula-dev] First Draft proposal to the Nebula-Project split

Tom,

My understanding from reading your proposal:
  • Create a top-level Nebula project (?)
  • Enable component maintainers to participate either in the top-level project or in a Nebula subproject.
  • Nebula Incubator is one of the subprojects.
  • Components in the top-level project release in lock-step, with synchronized versions.
  • Component maintainers wishing to release on their own schedule and their own versions will do so in a subproject.
I think this is a good direction for Nebula.

Matthew

Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi Nicolas, Nebula-Devs and Technology-PMC,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry that this took sooooo long.

I'd like to ask for your input on this proposal and whether you think
there's something missing.

The question is whether we need to move away from Technology once we did
a 1.0 release, PMC?

I'm going to collect data later which projects want to do a 1.0 release
(ideally we'd schedule it for EclipseCon 2010?).

Tom

Nicolas Richeton schrieb:

Hi Tom,

Looks good for me.

Just a few things :
- "Please send all feedback to the eclipse.ufacekit newsgroup." ->
should be the nebula newsgroup, correct ?

- The process for stable widgets may not be totally clear. Does a widget
that is no longer in incubation and can't follow the release schedule
have to get out of Nebula and have an eclipse projet on its own  ?
   "3. Creating a project for every widget who doesn't want to get part
of the incubator nor staying in the Nebula-Project whose committers
agree on a release schedule."

Thanks for your work on this proposal.
--
Nicolas